Team AMP (Athletes Multisport Partnership) is an adventure organization that specializes in providing unique multisport events for outdoor enthusiasts of all ages and abilities focused on developing and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Our mission is to create a partnership uniting community members, businesses, organizations, and dedicated athletes with a common goal of establishing a sustainable healthy living movement. The hope of this organization is to increase the interest and participation of all outdoor enthusiasts in active living events.
Team AMP (Athletes Multisport Partnership) would like to be the premiere healthy lifestyle event organizer in the upper valley region of New England. In 2010 it became apparent that we had products (events) that we could offer the community year round. Our goals are to:
- To be a leader in sustainable adventure events in the northeast region
- To provide a safe, healthy, yet competitive and exciting environment for all participants
- To accommodate athletes and community members of all ages and abilities
- To have a loyal membership following
- To bring a sense of unity to the existing community of athletes through various Team AMP events, training programs, clinics, social media outlets
- To showcase the natural resources of the northeast region
- To engage people in proactive living
Team AMP is striving to become a leader in corporate wellness and teambuilding programs by using our events as a catalyst in getting employees outside and active, therefore creating a proactive approach to our ever emerging healthcare crisis. Team AMP has the ability to offer packaging options to corporations and members by offering a wide variety of year-round healthy event options. We hope to engage local organizations and corporations in this movement.
In 2010 Team AMP events were recognized for excellence in programming.
- Winter Wild was the recipient of the NH Governors Council on Physical Fitness Award
- Winter Wild was recognized by the NH Recreation and Parks Association winning the Shelnut Perkins Award for programming
- XTERRA STOAKED was featured in Here in Hanover Magazine
- XTERRA STOAKED was rated as a top 10 XTERRA for overall quality and satisfaction rated by participants in the US
Background of Team AMP
Team AMP was started in 2004 in Hanover, NH as a one event operation. XTERRA STOAKED was created to fill the need of the ever emergence of off-road activities into our region. XTERRA STOAKED was also created to capitalize on the natural resources that exist in the upper valley and showcase these same resources in the events that we produce.
The Western New Hampshire Trail Running Series was initiated as a way to benefit local area Recreation Departments (Claremont, Charlestown, Hanover, Lebanon, New London, Newport, and Sunapee). Races are held throughout seven different towns throughout the summer. It is a unique opportunity to collaborate with multiple communities in offering a very high caliber event series.
Winter Wild was added to the fray to provide a winter healthy lifestyle option.Winter Wild is an uphill series with a twist, the finish is at the bottom so you get to come back down too. Participants ski, snowshoe, walk, or run up and then down the mountain. Most events take place at a public ski area and you get to hit slopes before they open to the public.